Imagine your very own idyllic island getaway, where you can escape the everyday world and retreat to a luxury sanctuary of sun, sand and sea. Basking in seclusion and serenity, welcome to “Cambus Wallace Beach House” – the ultimate holiday-at-home oasis. Nestled on the shores of South Stradbroke Island, on a north-facing 980m2 block welcome to the new benchmark in exceptional family living and entertaining.
Designed by Richard Groves, this feat of architectural artistry is the largest architect-designed home on the island and boasts water views from every room. Created with family in mind, you’ll find the connection between the kitchen, alfresco area, pool and terrace seamless. Whether you’re in charge of the outdoor barbecue or cooking indoors, relax with guests on the patio, watch kids in the pool or play on the beach from any of these well-executed vantage points.
Blessed with an abundance of space, there’s ample scope to bring together multiple generations without ever feeling like you’re at capacity. Able to accommodate up to 17 people, spread out over five bedrooms, including a superb master suite. Showcased by an oversized picture window with exquisite water views, a walk-in robe and elegant ensuite accompany it. The house also hosts four bathrooms, a bespoke home theatre, billiards room, office and a second kitchen and it comes fully furnished with every imaginable inclusion. All you need is your resort wear – even shoes are optional! A sensory journey designed to be experienced barefoot, kick off your shoes and experience the textures underfoot of plush rugs and carpet, recycled timber and polished concrete floors and feel a physical connection with this custom-crafted home.
Situated a short boat ride from Runaway Bay Marina, South Stradbroke Island is an 1800-hectare conservation park which stretches 21km. Hike through the lush rainforests, indulge in some ocean fishing, tackle the sand dunes for a 4WD adventure or enjoy an unspoilt beach where you can surf, swim or soak up spectacular sunrises in absolute tranquillity. And while it’s been a happy holiday haven for the owners for the last 10 years, it’s time for a new generation to create a legacy of lasting memories at Cambus Wallace Beach House.
- “Cambus Wallace Beach House”: custom built and completely unique South Stradbroke Island masterpiece
- North-facing 980m2 block with 40m of your very own private sandy beach frontage
- The largest architecturally designed home on the island, designed by Richard Groves
- Exceptional timber, stone and concrete finishes and with every single room boasting water vistas
- Two kitchens including one with walk-in pantry, cool room and a seamless connection to the outdoors
- Polished concrete floor in dining area, with a 7m ceiling and fringed by full-height windows and bi-folds
- Light and airy living room nestled under a 6.5m ceiling, with cosy gas fireplace
- Superb master suite with exquisite water views, plus a walk-in robe and elegant ensuite
- Four more large bedrooms, including two with ensuites plus a family bathroom and office
- Precoated aluminium double-storey “pod” section, reminiscent of a gently curved ship hull that’s run ashore
- Fully tiled heated pool and spa, paved alfresco area with built-in barbecue and beachside fire pit
- Private jetty and pontoon to accommodate a 60ft vessel plus docking station for other watercraft
- Laundry with storage and chute, near a convenient shower as you enter inside from the boat ramp
- Lockable storage, gym area, ducted air and split-system air-conditioning
- Fully furnished with every imaginable inclusion, from cutlery to a car
- 10 min boat ride from Runaway Bay Marina with onsite island staff to assist with maintenance
- Sanctuary Cove Marina is a 20 min boat ride and Tipplers is a 5 min boat ride
- Enjoy unspoilt beaches, lush rainforests and exclusive peace and privacy on South Stradbroke Island