A fusion of traditional character and contemporary design, welcome to “Rockbourne”, a rare and richly restored piece of Paddington history.
Nestled on a 1,480sqm block in the iconic Ithaca Precinct, this north-facing, c.1870 Queenslander boasts a blend of tradition, luxury and innovation, capturing easterly breezes and city skyline glimpses from its elevated position. With no expense spared in the meticulous transformation of this inner-city haven – Rockbourne is one of the original homes in this coveted enclave, boasting the grace and charm of a bygone era.
The long-term owners have honoured the home’s history by restoring the traditional facade and internal elements, while still meeting the needs of modern-day living. The gourmet kitchen, with marble benchtops, and European appliances is paired with a butler’s pantry, Subzero fridge, Vintec wine fridges and an additional dishwasher to ensure entertaining is effortless.
Similarly, character charm shines through in the six bedrooms, featuring an elegant master retreat with ensuite and envious dressing room. All bathrooms are accented by marble finishes and hand-crafted cabinetry with an authentic, cast-iron clawfoot bath in the main bathroom.
The hidden hero of the home is a cosy, sunlit study with floor-to-ceiling library opening onto the wrap around balcony.
Outdoors, paradise awaits with established trees and lush, landscaped surrounds, creating a secluded oasis where everyone will long to congregate. At its heart, the poolside pavilion (a finalist in the Architectural Awards) is perfect for gatherings, large or small, including an outdoor cinema for movie nights or watching your favourite sports with friends. A sparkling saltwater swimming pool will also vie for your attention, while the cosy firepit beckons you to linger awhile and enjoy casual fireside conversation. A block of land this size is a rarity in Paddington, providing ample space for the family, kids, pets, and already boasting your very own vegetable gardens, citrus trees and chicken coop.
Other superior features include zoned and ducted air-conditioning, Sonos Home Theatre System, C bus lighting controls, back to base security and 1600 bottle wine cellar.
Perfectly positioned just 5kms from the CBD, Rockbourne is within the catchment of Ithaca Creek State School and Kelvin Grove Senior College and close proximity to Brisbane Grammar School and other Elite Private Schools. Public transport, parklands, Suncorp Stadium and the vibrant Latrobe Terrace shopping and dining precinct are a short stroll away.
• 6 bedroom, c.1870 Queenslander on a sprawling 1,480sqm block in the Ithaca precinct
• North-facing and elevated to capture easterly breezes and city skyline glimpses
• No expense spared, featuring imported chandeliers, 100% wool carpets, Spotted Gum floors, marble bathrooms and floors
• Traditional facade with wide wraparound verandah, plus original 12-foot ceilings, timber floors, doors, stained glass panels and fireplaces
• Marble kitchen with hand-painted cabinetry, 7 burner gas stove with two electric ovens, Miele Speed and Warming Oven and Dishwasher
• Butler’s pantry with 819L Subzero fridge, ZIP 3 in 1 Hydrotap, two Vintec wine fridges and a dishwasher
• Multiple living and dining zones on each level, finished with pristine timber or marble flooring
• Bathrooms with handcrafted cabinetry, double shower heads, cast iron, slipper clawfoot bathtub and Philip Starck toilets
• 1600 bottle temperature-controlled wine cellar, zoned and ducted air-conditioning
• Sonos Home Theatre Systems, C bus lighting control, back to base security and intercom
• 3 phase power, a powder room, remote blackout blinds, soundproofing between the upper and lower levels separated by a double-glazed glass door
• 9,000 litre water tanks, automated irrigation, vegetable/herb gardens, citrus trees, chicken coop and rose gardens
• Private study with floor-to-ceiling custom shelving
• 56sqm poolside pavilion, fitted with a kitchenette, commercial-grade outdoor heating, wood-fired pizza oven, home theatre and sound system plus all-weather blinds
• Supersized swimming pool, firepit and lush gardens